Bemidji Early Childhood Collaborative
Healthy development and support for children ages 0-5 in the greater Bemidji community.
Bemidji Early Childhood Collaborative is looking for board members. In particular someone with finance, fundraising, and/or marketing background would be appreciated.
Click here to see flyer with more information.
Bemidji Symphony Orchestra
- Join our board! (click to view details)
Our Mission: to enrich and educate musicians and audiences of northern Minnesota through innovative orchestral experiences.
P.O. Box 3136
Bemidji, MN 56619
- Youth programs – Volunteer one-on-one as a tutor; assist in the computer lab, art room, special programs or with groups in the gym or game room.
- Special events – Volunteer with Annual Gala in February, Annual Golf Tournament in August, or smaller events.
- Office – Answer phones, file, or prepare mailings.
- Facility maintenance – Assist custodial staff with general maintenance.
- Gardens and grounds – Help with gardens and greenhouse or general grounds keeping.
- Board or committees – Form policies, be a Club ambassador, plan strategies or lead special projects.
We are asking for just four (4) hours of your time per month. No matter what your skill set is, we can use your time. If you like helping people, greeting people, filing paperwork, data entry, or just organizing the office; we would love to have you.
Churches United is a non-profit organization of Bemidji area churches, working together to meet the emergency needs of homeless and low-income people in a prayerful way.
414 Lincoln Ave. SE
Bemidji, MN 56601
- Prep and / or Serve Meals - This is a great opportunity for anyone! Groups, businesses, students or individuals. Prep meals, or hand them out to people in our community in need of food.
- Become a Board Member - help us continue the much needed work of feeding our community.
Details about Volunteering for Meals:
We are looking for help:
All Tuesdays except the second Tuesday of the month
The fourth Thursday of the month
The fifth Thursday of the month (there are 4 of these per year)
- Volunteers can come as early as 3 pm, or by 5pm at the latest.
- Meals are served from 5 to 6.
- We are doing take-away meals at this time.
- Plan on helping pack food, do a little bit of food prep, hand out the to-go bags, and cleaning.
- Done by 6:30
The mission of the Community Table is to provide meals and promote an "open table" atmosphere for those in the community needing fellowship who might otherwise go hungry. We are a 100% volunteer run organization.
Laurie Buehler, Board Member
Sara Linda, Board Member
Volunteers can either serve at the Evergreen Crisis Shelter Program or at the Evergreen Youth Services Program. Volunteers will get the opportunity to experience what it is like to work in youth intervention. There are a variety of opportunities for volunteers within the organization such as working directly with youth, participating in off-ground activities, sitting in on group learning sessions and much more. Volunteers can even get the opportunity to help behind the scenes to support the mission by helping with such things as meal preparation, shelter maintenance, and gardening. We are also seeking dedicated individuals to assist with case management needs.
*All volunteers must pass a background check
Youth Counselor / Volunteer Coordinator
622 Mississippi Ave NW
Bemidji, MN 56601
Headwaters Science Center
We love working with volunteers! Groups, individuals, students, etc. Contact us to create an experience you won't forget!
To inquire call Lee Furuseth, Executive Director at 218-507-0154
or email Ryan Kolka, Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
413 Beltrami Ave NW
Bemidji, MN 56601
Hope House provides community support services to people with mental illness.
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
- Board openings:
- Click here for job description
- Training is provided.
- We are looking for people with legal experience, building/construction knowledge, fundraising skills, connections to Red Lake, White Earth, or Leech Lake, connections to youth who have mental illness and are transitioning to adulthood, family members of people with mental illness (To avoid obstructing client autonomy and privacy, the preference is for families whose loved ones are not currently members of Hope House)
- Landscaping/building expertise:
- Someone to give us landscaping/building ideas such as shrub placement, entrance attractions, or other ideas to increase the welcome/warmth feeling. Currently flowers/vegetables are planted in the plot between the two doors as an activity, with a bicycle decoration planned for this year, and flowers are planted below the sign at the end of the road.
- People willing to share a talent, such as art, writing, music, woodworking; travel stories; an unusual pet; what their job is like for clients who want to work; how to use the computer. change oil, do a property tax refund; etc.
We would love to have a "Foster Grandma" come and bake/cook with participants and staff, as well as do some skill building with the women and children coming through the shelter with things like meal prepping.
Once a week would be great!
Ruby's Pantry is a pop-up food pantry and is for ANYONE! Each guest donates $25 and receives an abundance of grocery items.
3rd Wednesday of the Month
Help set-up and/or hand out food
Food bundles are available 4:00 - 5:30pm
Mt. Zion Church
Go to www.rubyspantry.org/location/51
Fill out the application by clicking on volunteers at the top right of the website
Julie, Volunteer Coordinator
218-760-1875 (call or text)
Support Within Reach
- Crisis intervention via Crisis Hotline
- General and medical advocacy through support, options, and resources
- Support group facilitation
- Participate in fundraising activities and events
- Community education through awareness activities and events
- Administrative support for staff and programs
- Board of Directors
Our Mission: To reduce the impact and harm of sexual violence for families and individuals in the communities we serve.
1510 Bemidji Ave
Bemidji, MN 56601
University of MN, SNAP Ed Beltrami County
We are in need of a Chef or skilled cook to do volunteer classes cooking with youth.
It will be weekly for 6-7 weeks for an hour or two. Show cooking skills and demonstrate cooking healthy foods with University of MN SNAP ed program. It will be at a variety of schools and/or sites.
CLICK HERE for more information
Village of Hope
- Life has given you experience, share it with others! - Wednesday from 9am-10am our adults gather to support each other and learn life skills such as parenting, job readiness, household management, budgeting, stress management; the list is endless! Come be a speaker!
- Reading Rainbow - Gather the kids for a story when the parents are cleaning up from supper, doing chores and getting bedtime routines ready. Mondays from 9-10 am.
- Family Fun Nights - Schedule a fun night of movies and popcorn, board games or what ever you can dream up!
- Organize our garage and/or basement where we keep donations.
Village of Hope provides temporary shelter and supportive services for families experiencing homelessness.
525 Mississippi Ave NW
Bemidji, MN 56601